The popular resort of Fethiye, lies on the Western Mediterranean coast of Turkey, sitting at the head of a beautiful bay dotted with little islands and backed by scenic mountains.
While sitting on the café-lined harbour front, drinking a refreshing cup of Turkish tea or enjoying a cold glass of the beer, you can decide which boat trip you will take tomorrow, or spend some time perusing the 'paspatur' - the alley ways of shops filled with all the things you want to take home with you. This area is best experienced at night, when the lights, sounds and atmosphere really bring the town alive.
Summers are long and hot, whilst winters are short and warm with occasional rainfall climate and excellent facilities make Fethiye a popular area for foreign property buyers.
How To Get There:
The closest airport to Fethiye is Dalaman and transfer time to Fethiye is about 45 minutes. An alternative airport is Antalaya which is approx a 2 hour car journey.
Thomas Cook operates direct flights from main U.K airports direct to Dalaman throughout the year from the following airports: London Gatwick, Stansted, Manchester, Newscastle, East Midlands, Birmingham and Glasgow (Summer only).
Facilities/Activities In Fethiye:
* The beaches at Oludeniz and Calis are very popular and easily accessible from Fethiye with regular transport to both. From Calis you can take a water taxi to the centre of Fethiye.
* Popular organized excursions include boat cruises around the twelve Islands and jeep safaris in the Taurus Mountains.
* Hisaronu, at the foot of Mount Babadag-Oludeniz, is a popular paragliding centre and is considered the best paragliding centre in Turkey.
* Steady winds make Fethiye perfect for water sports particularly sailing and windsurfing.
* Popular archaeological sites to visit include the well preserved amphitheatre and several Lycian tombs at the ruins of Xanthos.
* There is a wide variety of shops and the Bazaar (known as Paspatur) with its narrow streets and tiny square is a good place to shop for souvenirs. Every Tuesday a large covered market takes place offering fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as an array of fake designer clothes and accessories.
* Good selection of bars and cafes; with a number of seasonal nightclubs and music bars.
* The harbour/ marina area is popular with diners in search of fresh sea food and restaurants offer good value for money and lovely sea views.
* Good eateries with a selection of global cuisine can be found in the shopping area behind the marina offering traditional Turkish, Indian, Chinese and Mediterranean food.
* Construction of a new tunnel "Gocek Tunnel" connecting Dalaman airport with Fethiye, foundations were laid in March 2005, which will considerably shorten transfer times from the airport.
* A ski resort is currently being developed at Eren Mountain which is only half an hour away from Fethiye.
* A new golf course is completed in Dalaman (35 minutes driving distance away).
View All Properties For Sale In Fethiye